About the summit
Entrepreneurs and family business owners at some point face the critical decision of whether, when and how to exit their business. A strategic approach is needed to ensure that the process runs smoothly and brings the maximum return on investment. This means carefully preparing to sell, understanding your key business drivers, and properly marketing your company to strategic buyers.
The 2017 Innovation Symposium, From Success to Significance – How Entrepreneurs can Maximize their Exit will provide an opportunity for you to learn and craft a perfect exit strategy. Business experts will share best practices and there will be plenty of opportunities to network with like-minded private business owners. This unique Symposium has been designed so participants leave with a solid understanding of how to effectively plan a business sale and how to maximize the value of your business in a global marketplace.
- How do you know when the timing is right to sell your business?
- What can you do to make your company more attractive to potential buyers/investors
- Are there different strategies you should employ when positioning with national vs international buyers and strategic vs financial investors?
This executive educational Symposium will answer these questions and cover the many strategic decisions involved in any exit strategy and deal process. This includes:
- Proactively determining the optimum timing of an exit.
- Understanding the strategic and competitive drivers of your business that will maximize its value in the eyes of investors.
- Surrounding yourself with the right professionals who will have your best interests in mind.
- Planning for and navigating the various steps of the business deal.
- Reaching your personal aspirations as you transform your business success into personal victory.
- Looking back on the experience and knowing you made the right decisions.
The 2017 Innovation Symposium will be held at Harvard University in Cambridge, MA, providing participants with a unique opportunity to learn from world-class authors, speakers and experts in areas such as life planning, private wealth management, financial strategies, divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions.
The two-day Symposium is structured with interactive sessions that use Harvard’s case study method where participants learn from real life examples and work with peers to solve problems. This format is complemented by in-depth discussions with business owners who will share their own personal experiences, best practices, and the challenges they have faced when exiting. With plenty of networking and socializing opportunities, the two-day event will be an immersive experience that allows you to learn as well as connect with like-minded business professionals.
The 2017 Innovation Symposium is an exclusive invitation-only event. Owners or controlling shareholders of mid-market private businesses, across all industry sectors and international regions, are invited to apply to be selected as a participant at this unique event. Attendance for this exclusive event is limited, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Applications are due by March 31, 2017.
Registration for this event is US $2,400 ($1,995 if you register before May 1, 2017).